The OSA Releases HandyDART Survey Results
BC’s Seniors Advocate released results of a province-wide survey of almost 7,500 HandyDART users in the province today.
The survey highlights that while 91% of users are satisfied with the service when they receive it, almost 1/3 of respondents say it is not meeting, or only moderately meeting, their transportation needs.
Highlights from the survey include:
- Almost 80% of HandyDART clients are able to book a roundtrip always or most of the time
- 26% said they were rarely or never able to get a ride when placed on standby
- 28% of riders whose annual income is less than $10,000 said they would use HandyDART more often if it cost less
- 38% are somewhat or not at all familiar with no-show or cancellation policies – only 75% of BC Transit clients and 69% of Translink clients agree they know how to provide feedback around services
- 60% of clients report they always reach appointment on time – less than 50% report they are always picked up within the 30-minute window
You may view the full report, “Moving in the Right Direction: HandyDART Survey Results” here.